Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Where God is"


"God is manifest in the ordinary, in the actual, in the daily, in the now, in the concrete incarnations of life."

... — from Things Hidden: Scripture as Spirituality



        During Mass yesterday, feeling absolutely low, some kids from Catechism class were asked to sit with me. The tears just had to stop. At the end of the mass, one 5-year-old even managed to kick my little toe. Aaaw! Bleeding, how could I not concentrate on my physical pain instead of the one in my heart? Strange ways God picks to make one forget desperation, even for a while!

6 comments:

  1. God has a funny sense of humor! Since He is a Spirit, He has to use that child to kick out that nasty feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shall we have a chat soon, my friend? Misery loves company. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, we should get together! This week though, God sent me some more activities to keep my mind off my personal troubles. So next week should be fine for some coffee and dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Text me when you are available. Diday made it to UP. Pumasa sa test ng Art Studies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...sana ok ka lang. Kaya mo 'yan. Gusto mo pabigatan tayo ng problema. Teka, teka, teka...sino ba ang me problema? "yoon bang batang malikot o yoong naapakan?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling better these days, Jun! It's a matter of realizing that there are things you cannot change and then just deciding to be happy. It also helped that I went on a holiday with my sister in Kota Kinabalu for a few days. We just need to get a break sometimes and the world once again seems to be good place to be in!

    As for the toenail, no luck with it. Naghihingalo na at malapit nang ilibing!

    ReplyDelete