Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Persona




Persona is a Latin word which referred to a theatrical mask worn by Roman actors in Greek dramas in order to project a role. Since the term personality has its root in this term, I have harnessed the idea for a class requirement.

In my General Psych. classes, I ask my students to create masks which they think reflect both their public and private personalities. Semester after semester, I am amazed by the artistic quality of their masks. Here are samples of work submitted by Psych 101 MHW and MHX3, 2nd semester, 2007-2008 and X-3, Summer 2008.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they're so creative and colorful! Dapat meron din tayo nyan nung Psych180 days natin, Ma'am! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo nga, sayang! Kayo yata ang last batch na nag 180 sa akin. Pero kung may multiply account na ako noon, siguro nilagay ko naman ang mga sinasabmit ninyong anecdotes, cartoons, songs, poetry, etc. na pang-illustrate nung social psych. concepts. They were pretty interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the holistic and innovative approach to your teachings best friend Jang! I like the deeper appreciation of a concept. Hooray! ;>fe

    ReplyDelete