Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dilemma

    So many times in the recent months, I've thought about giving up teaching. Maybe because I get the feeling I am no longer as effective in this craft as I thought I had been. It has taken much more out of me than what I could give or more accurately, what I was willing to give. Maybe, I was just tired. In general. Not of teaching, in particular. I don't know.

    Then I saw this video which brought tears to my eyes: http://youtu.be/UIun5xGK86g
 
    Did it change things? I still don't know.

2 comments:

  1. and i even plan on going back to teaching. I used to teach so i know what it's like to have influence on young minds, i' ve beheld their innocence, wondered on the positive energy they threw back on me, and i'm in heaven everytime i encounter them again and they tell me how unforgettable i've been to them. but i guess i feel this way only because i've only taught for few sems, unlike you who have years of teaching already. i like reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking time to read what I write here. It's me therapy. Cheaper than a shrink!

    It's true what you say about the great feeling you get when students acknowledge your effect on their lives. That's why it's so hard to let go of teaching. Actually, if it didn't involve making exams, checking them and then grading students, teaching would really be such a fulfilling vocation! Go for it again!

    ReplyDelete