Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My husband, the HULK!

T and I watched "The Avengers" last Monday. It was one of two days that Senior Citizens in Quezon City could watch a movie for free. So after queuing in the line which was NOT for Seniors (that is another story!), we got our tickets, had a quick lunch, then settled into our seats in the movie theater.

Just when the movie trailers were ending, two senior ladies went in and occupied the two vacant seats beside me. They were engaged in a lively chat and continued in their normal tone of voice even until the movie had started. Hoping that they would quiet down after the Introduction, I kept my tongue but couldn't resist doing a "Sssssh" after a few more seconds of their kwentuhan (chatting). That didn't work and the lady beside me (In fairness, her companion was speaking in whispers) didn't seem to notice that the dialogue had begun between the characters. She was more intent on competing with that which was onscreen. Of course, we were more interested in what was happening in the movie and not about some tisimis (gossip)!

When a second shushing from me failed to silence her, my usual docile, mild-mannered, and sweet-tempered Dr. Banner-of-a-husband let out a bellowing "May balak po ba kayong manood ng sine o magkukwentuhan lang kayo. Kasi kami, gusto naming manood dito!!!" ("Do you have plans of watching the movie or do you just want to chat? As for us, we want to watch the movie!!!) I had to push him back to his seat as he seemed ready to pounce on them if they didn't stop. To my relief, the lady beside me readily apologized and quieted down. We didn't hear a sound from her or anyone else in our vicinity until the movie ended!

When I was telling the story to the kids later in the evening, T could only laugh and explained that on occassions like that, there was a need for his Inner Hulk to emerge. Yikes! Buti na lang at hindi hinamba-hambalos na parang basahan yung ale! (Good thing he didn't throw around that woman like a rag!)

No comments:

Post a Comment