Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chicken Waldorf Salad

Description:
My version of this salad supposedly first served in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City.



Ingredients:
2 pcs. medium-size apples, cubed (I prefer Fuji but a crunchy variety would be good)
1/2 kg. chicken breast, boiled or steamed then cubed
1 cup diced celery
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins (optional)
2 cups Miracle Whip or any mayonnaise/salad dressing
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and chill in refrigerator. Serve cold.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne!

    I make this salad with the following additions: cranraisins instead of raisins, pineapple tidbits and some splenda. I don't put pepper. Gala apples work well for this recipe.

    Try it and let me know if you like it.

    Jing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jing. Parang masarap! I'll try the additional ingredients you suggested but I'm afraid we don't have gala apples here. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete