Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Smitten with 21st century technology

Last night, I was on YM in conference with someone who was in Madrid, Spain and another who was in Kinshahsha, Congo. The former has been a missionary for more than 10 years and the latter just assumed his post a few months ago. I was in awe of the things that they were doing and thethings they had to give up in order to be where they were. I was quietly "listening" to their exchange, relishing the moment that I could be part of this experience.

But I was not only taking in their conversation but was momentarily mesmerized that such an event could be happening. That 3 people in 3 separate continents could be all together in that spot of time. Truly, the creators of this internet feature are genuises( Saints, given the players in ths event!) to come up with such a reality.

I have been witness to the numerous changes in technology. As a little girl, I was there when my father first brought home the tape reorder. Mother - first portable record player. Then there was the calculator in my college years, the Betamax in the,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment